Heart Care Foundation of India (HCFI)’s annual flagship event, the 22nd MTNL Perfect Mela to commence tomorrow
The five-day event will take place from 8 am – 8 pm at the Talkatora Stadium in New Delhi from Nov 4 -8, 2015
New Delhi, November 3, 2015: The festive season is here and bringing a healthy twist to the popular events culture of Delhi comes the MTNL Perfect Health Mela. The event aimed at raising preventive health awareness using entertainment as a medium will take place from Nov 4-8, 2015 at the Talkatora Stadium in New Delhi from 8 am to 8 pm.
Organized by the Heart Care Foundation of India (HCFI), a leading national not-for-profit organization committed to making India a healthier and disease free nation, the first Perfect Health Mela was held in 1991. In its 22nd edition the event is being organized in association with the Indian Medical Association, Ministry of Science & Technology, Earth Sciences, Textile, and AYUSH – Government of India, NDMC, MCD and MTNL.
A mélange of entertainment, lifestyle exhibitions competitions, workshops, health education and check-ups; the Mela is based on the concept of creating mass awareness about preventive health measures using a consumer-driven model as the base.
Speaking about this, Padma Shri Awardee, Dr. K K Aggarwal – President HCFI and Honorary Secretary General IMA said, “The Perfect Health Mela is a confluence of tradition and modernity. In its 22nd edition the Health Mela will comprise of different activities such as inter-school and college competitions in the field of music, art, creative writing, sports, and dance; lifestyle oriented workshops on topics such as safe water, air and earth; lectures, live health check up camps and live entertainment programs. In addition to this, all visitors who are heart patients or have symptoms of heart disease will be provided free screening, consultation and financial assistance through the Sameer Malik Heart Care Foundation Fund, an initiative by the NGO to ensure that no person dies of heart disease because they cannot otherwise afford treatment”.
Some first of its kind activities at the event will include:
· The Indian Medical Association will be launching the UNESCO chairs in bioethics on November 7th in the presence of six health vice chancellors
· A special focus will also be given at the Mela towards preventive education about dengue and swine flu
· The Mela venue will be a completely no smoking zone
· The chief guest for the inauguration ceremony on Nov 4th will be none other than Padma Vibhushan awardee Dr. Sonal Mansingh
· A daily webcast targeted at 2000 doctors
· Telemedicine facility connecting patients to doctors at Medanta – the Medicity live from the event
· Free WiFi zones by MTNL
· Over 60 handloom stalls for one’s Diwali shopping
For more information about the event, please visit www.perfecthealthmela.com. Entry to the Mela is free for all.