Values and Ethics of Interprofessional Collaboration
Work with individuals of other professions to maintain a climate of mutual respect and shared values.
- VE1. Place the interests of patients and populations at the center of interprofessional healthcare delivery.
- VE2. Respect the dignity and privacy of patients while maintaining confidentiality in the delivery of team-based care.
- VE3. Embrace the cultural diversity and individual differences that characterize patients, populations, and the healthcare team.
- VE4. Respect the unique cultures, values, roles/responsibilities, and expertise of other health professions.
- VE5. Work in cooperation with those who receive care, those who provide care, and others who contribute to or support the delivery of prevention and health services.
- VE6. Develop a trusting relationship with patients, families, and other team members.
- VE7. Demonstrate high standards of ethical conduct and quality of care in one’s contributions to team-based care.
- VE8. Manage ethical dilemmas specific to interprofessional patient-/population-centered care situations.
- VE9. Act with honesty and integrity in relationships with patients, families, and other team members.
- VE10. Maintain competence in one’s own profession appropriate to scope of practice
(Source: Interprofessional Education Collaborative (IPEC) Core Competencies)