HCFI in partnership with the Indian Medical Association flag off the 14th Perfect Health Parade at Rajghat
New Delhi, April 7, 2016:Heart Care Foundation of India and the Indian Medical Association flagged off the 14th Perfect Health Parade today morning at Rajghat. The parade, which comprised of over 20 tableaus carrying preventive health messages, passed through over 50 locations in Delhi NCR in a span of 10 hours. The purpose being to raise awareness about how common life-threatening ailments like dengue, malaria, lung cancer, heart disease, diabetes and hypertension etc. can be prevented if necessary preventive steps are taken. The Perfect Health Parade was organized with support from the Department of Women & Child Development (Prohibition), SDMC & NDMC.
Padma Shri Awardee Dr. KK Aggarwal –President HCFI & Honorary Secretary General IMA and Dr Vinay Aggarwal - Past National President flagged off the parade. Speaking on the occasion, they said, “Health aware people live longer than those who live in ignorance. It is important that people understand the risks involved in staying in places with poor sanitation levels, smoking, living high stress sedentary lives and following an unhealthy diet. Through the Perfect Health Parade, our endeavor was to share with the Delhi population essential preventive health tips through a creative and out of the box medium. We ensured that the parade stopped at crowded areas, engaged with the crowds and explained to them the importance of staying healthy. We hope we succeeded in our mission and promise to keep coming up with innovative ways of educating the masses in the future as well.”
The parade started at 10 am at Rajpath with a Nukard Natak and Magic Show prepared around the central theme of maintaining good health. Present in the parade were Dr. R.N. Tandon, Honorary Finance Secretary, IMA, Dr Dinesh Sahai, Honorary Joint Secretary IMA CGP, Dr. Ramesh Kumar, CMO NDMC, Dr. Uday Kakroo, Adviser, Heart Care Foundation, Dr. Manjul Mehta, Honorary Asst. Secretary, IMA & Shri S.C. Vats, Astt Director, WCD, Govt. of Delhi.
The following health sutras were released on the occasion:
1. Keep your lower BP, fasting sugar, abdominal circumstance, resting heart rate and bad LDL cholesterol levels all<80.
2. Child Sexual Abuse is preventable and punishable
3. CPR 10 Mantra : Within 10 minutes of death (earlier the better) atleast for the next 10 minutes (longer the better) compress the center of the chest of the victim who has suffered a sudden cardiac arrest continuously and effectively with a speed of atleast 10x10=100 minutes per minute (up to 120) to save their life
4. No girl child or woman should die of heart disease just because she cannot afford the cost of treatment or surgery
5. Do not ignore a cough, which lasts over two weeks,as it may be TB. Follow the standard IMA Protocol for TB Treatment which states that you must wear a mask even if only under suspicion
6. As per the IMA-PvPi Initiative (Pharmaco Vigilance Programme of India) all IMA Members can now report adverse reactions to drugs, vaccines, medical devices, blood products and herbal products by calling on the helpline number 9717776514 (Monday to Friday 9.00 AM to 5.30 PM).
7. Eat seasonal locally grown fruits and vegetables for a healthy heart and body
· Combine all seven colors and tastes in your food to stay healthy
· Do not eat artificial fast (junk) food with high trans fat, refined cooks and animal fat to stay away from heart disease till the age of 80
· Foods of plant origin contains no cholesterol
· Avoid white rice, white sugar and white maida