Monday 5 September 2016

Just to share my Journey on my birthday

Dear Colleague

Just to share my Journey on my birthday

On 5th September 1958 I was born in Delhi's Kasturba Hospital, on Janmasthmi day. I was seventh to be born in my family. We are nine brothers and sisters. We used to live in one bed room set in old Delhi ( Hauz Kaji). My father used to be an accountant. Being born on Janmasthmi I was named Krishan Kumar.
I did my schooling from ASVJ Higher Secondary School a government educational institution. ( Dr Mahesh Sharma, Dr Harsh Wardhan, Dr Ashok Walia, we are from the same school).

I did one year Zoology Honours from Deshbandhu college and then MBBS and MD from MGIMS Sevagram.

My life turned at Sevagram. I topped Nagpur university throughout, did my MD Medicine and came back to Delhi and Joined Moolchand Hospital under Dr K L Chopra father of Dr Deepak Chopra.

Got married in 1985 and Nilesh my son and Naina my daughter were born.

We started Heart Care Foundation of India in 1986, Navin C Nanda National institute of Echocardiography and Cardiac Research in 1987 and IJCP publications in 1991.

I joined Delhi Medical Association as Vice President in 1991, became President IMA NDB in 94-95, 2002-4, President Delhi Medical Association in 2005, Chairman IMAAMS in 2006, Honorary Finance Secretary IMA in 2007, Director IMA AKN Sinha Institute in 2008, Senior National Vice President IMA in 2014 and Honorary Secretary General in 2015.

I served elected member Delhi Medical Council for 11 years and Member Ethics Committee MCI for one year.

I got Nagpur University Gold Medal in 1979, Dr B C Roy National Award in 2005, Padma Shri in 2010, National Science Communication Award ( DST, GOI) in 2014, Vishwa Hindi Samman in 2016 and FICCI Health Care Personality of the Year Award in 2016.

It has been a long Journey and now all of you have bestowed upon me the responsibility of National IMA Presidentship for the year 2017.

But I know with the support of Team IMA led by our President Elect WMA, Dr Ketan Deasi, we all will be able to make IMA rise and shine further.

Let us all work towards IMA 1 Voice

Jain Hind

Jai IMA

Your own

KK

No comments:

Post a Comment